College Women's Tennis
RIC Women’s Tennis Defeats Bridgewater State, 9-0
Bridgewater, MA – In Little East Conference women’s tennis action this afternoon in Bridgewater, the
Anchorwomen of Rhode Island College defeated the Bridgewater State College Bears by a score of 9-0.
With the win, RIC improves to 6-1 overall and 4-0 in the Little East standings. Bridgewater dips to 3-2 on
the season and 2-2 in the LEC.
Rhode Island won all six singles matches and all three doubles matches in convincing fashion en route to the
9-0 victory. The Anchorwomen were led by senior Liz Barrette (North Providence, RI) who breezed to a
straight set win at number one singles, 6-4, 6-1. Barrette also teamed up with freshman Megan Hall
(Smithfield, RI) to win at first doubles, 8-1. Hall was victorious playing at number two singles as well as she
also won in straight sets, 6-1, 6-4.
On Saturday the Bears will make their annual pilgrimage to scenic Newport, Rhode Island for the Grass
Court Doubles Tournament. RIC will also be participating in the tournament which begins at noon.
1. Liz Barrette (RIC) def. Angie Bizzozero (BSC), 6-4, 6-1
2. Megan Hall (RIC) def. Becky Jenkins (BSC), 6-1, 6-4
3. Meg Funk (RIC) def. Dianna Sullivan (BSC), 6-4, 6-2
4. Kseniya Gurvich (RIC) def. Regina Dube (BSC), 6-2, 6-2
5. Tara Marchant (RIC) def. Kayla Duperey (BSC), 6-2, 6-1
6. Ashley Gorman (RIC) def. Jeannette Nguyen (BSC), 6-4, 6-1
1. Barrette/Hall (RIC) def. Bizzozero/Nguyen (BSC), 8-1
2. Funk/Natasha Roman (RIC) def. Jenkins/Sullivan (BSC), 8-3
3. Gorman/Marchant (RIC) def. Dube/Jessica Horton (BSC), 8-5