Dartmouth, Mass.--Eighth-seeded Rhode Island College ended its
season in a loss to top-seeded UMass Dartmouth, 78-49, in first
round action of the 2018 Little East Conference Women's Basketball
Championship on Tuesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore forward Ornela Livramento (Pawtucket, RI) led the
Anchorwomen with 16 points, eight rebounds, four assists and four
• Freshman guard Brooke Young (West Warwick, RI) dropped in
10 points to go along with four boards. Senior guard Jessa Rubera
(Newton, MA) finished with seven point and three rebounds.
• UMD senior forward Alicia Kutil (Franklin, MA) led five
Corsairs in double figures with 15 points, 10 boards and four
assists. Junior forward Nakira Examond (New Bedford, MA)
finished with 14 points, seven boards and three assists.
• The hosts opened the game on an 8-0 run and led, 22-14, after one
quarter of play. RIC moved within nine points in the second quarter,
but a 10-0 run helped UMD go into halftime with a 19 point, 44-25,
• The Corsairs led, 61-37, after three and cruised in the fourth to
advance to the league's final four this weekend.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC shot 28 percent (19-for-68) from the field, 32 percent
(6-for-19) from beyond the three-point arc and 50 percent (5-for-10)
from the free throw line.
• UMD shot 58 percent (35-for-60) from the field, 54 percent
(7-for-13) from downtown and 13 percent (1-for-8) from the charity
• UMD held a slight edge in rebounding, 42-38. The Corsairs swept
all three meetings with the Anchorwomen this winter.