Providence, R.I.—The Rhode Island College men's tennis team dropped a 7-2 decision against Clark in a non-conference contest played at the RIC Tennis Center on Tuesday afternoon.
Clark 7, Rhode Island College 2
(Rhode Island College 3-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Clark jumped out to a 3-0 lead after doubles action.
• The Cougars No. 1 doubles team of freshman Jose Dalla-Valle (Scarsdale, NY) and Andrey Samodaev (Boca Raton, FL) posted an 8-1 win over RIC senior Brett Taggart (North Kingstown, RI) and freshman Alex Bourque (North Smithfield, RI).
• Clark picked up an 8-2 win at No. 2 doubles with a decision by Jacob Malicky and senior Lenny Siegel (Boca Raton, FL) over RIC freshmen Cam Chadwick (Narragansett, RI) and Mike Dickie (Smithfield, RI).
• The Cougars completed the doubles sweep with an 8-6 win by sophomore Alex Hattenbach (Wilton, CT) and freshman Duncan Drapeau (Boothbay, ME) over the RIC duo of junior Chandler Scott (Ashaway, RI) and sophomore Jonny Glendinning (Exeter, RI) to give Clark the 3-0 advantage heading into singles action.
• Dalla-Valle picked up his second win for Clark at the No. 1 singles spot with a (6-0, 6-3) win over Chadwick.
• Samodaev posted a (6-2, 6-1) against Taggart at No. 2 singles to earn his second win of the day, while Attenbach picked up a (6-3, 6-3) win over junior Matthew Gambardella (West Warwick, RI) at No. 3 singles.
• RIC freshman Ethan Hoy (West Warwick, RI) recorded a (6-2, 6-2) win over Drapeau at No. 5 singles.
• Dickie posted a (6-1, 6-1) victory against freshman Josh Podolsky (Sudbury, MA) for the Anchormen to wrap up singles play.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Salve Regina on Thursday, March 29 (3:30 p.m.).