Bridgewater, Mass.--The Rhode Island College men's tennis team remained undefeated in Little East Conference action with a commanding, 9-0, victory vs. Bridgewater State at the Rosen Memorial Tennis Courts on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 9, Bridgewater State 0
(Rhode Island College 6-1, 2-0 LEC)
(Bridgewater State 0-2, 0-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC took all three doubles matches for the early, 3-0, advantage.
• RIC grabbed the first point of the day as freshmen Cam Chadwick (Narragansett, RI) and Mike Dickie (Smithfield, RI) recorded an 8-0 win over Bridgewater State junior Michael Scollins (Marshfield, MA) and senior Dan O'Malley (Duxbury, MA).
• The Anchormen made it 2-0 when senior Brett Taggart (North Kingstown, RI) and freshman Alex Bourque (North Smithfield, RI) paired for an 8-2 win at No. 1 doubles against Bridgewater State senior Justin Haley (South Yarmouth, MA) and sophomore Joshua Bean (Kingston, MA).
• The Anchormen finished the sweep of doubles action with junior Matthew Gambardella (West Warwick, RI) and freshman Ethan Hoy (West Warwick, RI) recording an 8-3 win at the No. 3 spot over the Bears team of junior Jonathan Pereira (Fall River, MA) and senior Zachary Mutti (Peabody, MA).
• Gambardella staked RIC to a 4-0 advantage with an impressive (6-0, 6-0) win at No. 4 singles against Pereira.
• Dickie secured the fifth and deciding point of the afternoon for the Anchormen with a (6-0, 6-1) win over Bean at the No. 6 spot.
• Taggart defeated Scollins, (6-2, 6-1) at No. 2 singles with Bourque taking a (6-1, 6-4) victory against O'Malley to put RIC up 7-0.
• The Anchormen wrapped up the day with a (6-4, 6-0) win by Hoy over Mutti at No. 5, while Chadwick finished the sweep of the match with a (6-1, 6-1) win against Haley at No. 1 singles.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Lesley on Monday, April 9 (3:30 p.m.).