Boston, Mass.-Three standout student-athletes from the Rhode Island College men's indoor track and field team competed at the New England Open (NEICAAA) Championship held at the Reggie Lewis Center on Friday evening.
• The event featured some of the top talent in the NCAA Division I, II and III ranks in New England and the Anchormen did not advance any student-athletes to the finals on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) recorded a 17th place finish in the weight throw (15.47m).
• Junior Destin Bibemi (Providence, RI) notched a 29th place finish in the 400m (51.51).
• Sophomore Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) registered a 28th place finish in the 800m (2:03.14) for the Anchormen.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host the N.E. Alliance Championship at the Providence Career & Training Academy (PCTA) on Saturday, Feb. 10 (10 a.m.).