Springfield, Mass.-Senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) and sophomore Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) each earned All-New England honors as the Rhode Island College men's indoor track & field team competed at the 2018 New England Div. III Championships, hosted by Middlebury at the New Balance Foundation Track on Saturday.
• The Anchormen notched a 21st place (28 teams) finish with 5.0 points. Tufts won the team title with 110.0 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wagnac was All New England in the 600m with a fifth place finish (1:23.70).
• Brierly took home All New England honors with an eighth place finish in the weight throw (15.82m).
• Senior Matthew Charles (North Providence, RI) finished in 23rd place in the 200m (23.47).
• Senior Vincent Santos (Narragansett, RI) finished in 27th place in the 60m hurdles (9.06).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Southern Maine Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 24 (10 a.m.).