New London, Conn.—Seniors Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) and Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) finished third and fifth in the hammer, respectively, as the Rhode Island College men's track & field team competed at Connecticut College's Silfen Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
• RIC finished 11th (19 teams) with a score of 28.0. Tufts won the invitational with a score of 125.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Brierly finished third in the hammer (50.86m).
• Spruill finished first in the discus (43.76m), fifth in the hammer (46.74m) and 15th in the shot (11.87m).
• Junior Newell Roberts (Providence, RI) finished fifth in the pole vault (4.25m).
• Senior Vincent Santos (Narragansett, RI) finished eighth in the 100m hurdles (15.85) and 18th in the 400m hurdles (1:00.69).
• Senior Matt Charles (North Providence, RI) finished 13th in the 200m (22.98) and 18th in the 100m (11.35).
• Sophomore Joe Palazzo (Providence, RI) finished 11th in the hammer (44.28m).
• Senior Seth Larbi (Pawtucket, RI) finished 12th in the hammer (42.39m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at MIT's Sean Collier Invitational on Saturday, April 21.