Cambridge, Mass.—Seniors Vincent Santos (Narragansett, RI) and Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) earned All-New England honors to help lead the Rhode Island College men's track & field team to tie for a 27th place finish at the 2018 New England Division III Championship, hosted by MIT on Friday and Saturday.
• The Anchormen finished in a tie for 27th place (30 teams) with a team score of 4.0. MIT won the title with 162.5 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Santos notched a sixth place finish in the 110m hurdles (15.28).
• Brierly finished eighth in the hammer (51.30m).
• Junior Destin Bibemi (Providence, RI) placed 28th in the 400m (52.02).
• Sophomore Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) registered a ninth place finish in the 400m hurdles (55.81).
• Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) posted a 10th place finish in the hammer (49.41m) and recorded a 19th place finish in the discus (40.20m).
• Senior Matthew Charles (North Providence, RI) posted an 18th place finish in the 200m (22.64).
• Sophomore Joseph Palazzo (Providence, RI) recorded a 21st place finish in the hammer (42.75).
• Senior Seth Larbi (Pawtucket, RI) took home 14th in the hammer (45.17)
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the 2018 New England Open Championships, hosted by Dartmouth on Friday and Saturday, May 11-12.