Fitchburg, Mass.--Rhode Island College junior Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) finished first in the 400m hurdles (55.08) as the men's outdoor track & field team finished sixth at the Jim Sheehan Memorial Invitational, hosted by Fitchburg State on Saturday afternoon.
• The Anchormen finished sixth (20 teams) with a team score of 36.0. Bridgewater State won the meet with a team score of 164.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) finished second in the hammer (53.25m), fifth in the discus (38.98m) and seventh in the shot (12.96m).
• Sophomore Cam Menefee (Bridgeport, CT) finished 13th in the 200m (24.22) and 23rd in the 100m (12.20). Freshman Alejandro Alonzo (Pawtucket, RI) finished seventh in the 110m hurdles (19.67) and 10th in the 400m hurdles (1:05.28).
• Freshman Matt Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) finished sixth in the hammer (46.99m) and 12th in the discus (33.50m). Junior Joe Palazzo (Johnston, RI) finished 10th in the hammer (41.36m),
• Freshman Axel Bandoma (North Providence, RI) finished 15th in the 200m (24.27) and 27th in the 100m (12.45). Sophomore Mike Rossi (Cumberland, RI) finished 24th in the 200m (25.07) and 25th in the 400m (58.03).
• Sophomore Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) finished seventh in the 500m (17:10.12).
• Senior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) placed 16th in the hammer (36.16m), 26th in the javelin (32.89m) and 38th in the discus (24.40m).
• Freshman Eddie Marquez (Danbury, CT) finished 23rd in the javelin (37.00m) and 29th in the discus (27.99).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Southern New Hampshire Invitational on Saturday, April 13.