Manchester, N.H.--Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) won the hammer (58.03m) and the discus (46.40m) as the Rhode Island College men's track took 13th (23 teams) at the 2019 Southern New Hampshire University Penmen relays on Saturday afternoon.
• The Anchormen finished 13th (23 teams) with a team score of 29.0. Eastern Connecticut won the meet with a team score of 86.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• In addition to winning the hammer and the discus, Spruill was 13th in the shot (12.78m).
• Senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) was fourth in the hammer (46.74).
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) took seventh in the hammer (45.13m) and was 25th (32.72m) in the discus.
• Freshman Eduardo Marquez (Danbury, CT) was 21st in the javelin (41.90m) and 31st in the discus (31.23m).
• Senior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) was 15th (31.71m) in the hammer and 38th in the javelin (34.48).
• Sophomore Michael Rossi (Cumberland, RI) notched a 27th place finish in the 100m (11.73) and was 36th in the 200m (24.31).
• Sophomore Alejandro Alonzo (Pawtucket, RI) was 15th in the 400m hurdles (1:03.82) and posted a 50th place finish (12.60) in the 100m.
• Freshman Axel Bandoma (North Providence, RI) registered a 17th place finish in the 400m (52.85) and was 23rd in the long jump (5.55m).
• Sophomore Cam Menefee (Bridgeport, CT) was 23rd (53.28) in in the 400m.
• Sophomore Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) registered a 21st place finish in the 800m (2:04.52) and was 47th in the javelin (27.60m).
• Sophomore Dylan Brobisky (West Warwick, RI) was 51st in the 800m (2:22.57).
• Junior Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) placed 16th in the 100m hurdles (1:04.94).
• The Anchormen's 4x100m relay team comprised of Alonzo, Bandoma, Menefee and Wagnac posted a fifth place finish (44.45).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the MIT Invitational on Saturday, April 20 (10 a.m.).