Smithfield, R.I.—Rhode Island College sophomore Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) placed 28th overall (81 runners) with a time of 29:42.8 as the Anchormen finished eighth (nine teams) at the 2018 Little East Conference Men's Cross Country Championship held at Bryant University on Saturday afternoon.
• Rhode Island College finished eighth with a score of 205.0 among the nine-team field. Southern Maine won the conference championship with a team score of 43.0.
HOW IT HAPPENEND
• Junior Kody Sankey (Cumberland, RI) finished 43rd (31:10.2) overall.
• Senior Jeff Garson (Cumberland, RI) finished 47th (31:35.7).
• Freshman Matthew Russom (Port Kent, NY) placed 54th (31.55.8).
• Junior Mohammed Chaghlil (Warwick, RI) finished 56th (32:17.1).
• Sophomore Dylan Brobisky (West Warwick, RI) placed 72nd (35:12.2).
BY THE NUMBERS
• There were 81 runners in the race, which covered eight kilometers (4.97 miles). The top 10 runners in the field earned All-Little East distinction.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete in the NCAA N.E. Div. III Regional Championship, hosted by Bowdoin on Saturday, Nov. 10.