Providence, R.I.—Junior forward Ornela Livramento (Pawtucket, RI) compiled 17 points, seven rebounds, four steals, two assists and a pair of blocks as the Rhode Island College women's basketball team fell, 75-71, in overtime vs. Emmanuel at The Murray Center on Monday night.
Emmanuel 75, Rhode Island College 71 OT
Rhode Island College (8-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC sophomore guard Brooke Young (West Warwick, RI) posted 16 points and six rebounds and played 44 of the 45 minutes in the game. Freshman forward Willcia McBorrough (Providence, RI) narrowly missed a double-double with 13 points and nine rebounds.
• EC junior guard Yuleska Ramirez-Tejeda (South Boston, MA) registered a game-high 26 points and 12 rebounds. Junior guard Kayla Weaver (West Haven, CT) and sophomore guard Jamad Fiin (Boston, MA) each had 16 points.
• The Anchorwomen opened the game on an 11-2 run, keyed by four points from McBorrough.
• Rhode Island College led by as many as 16, 22-6, with 3:25 left in the first stanza and held a 23-8 advantage after 10 minutes.
• An Emmanuel jumper by Weaver pulled the Saints within eight, 25-17, with 4:38 left in the second quarter. After RIC trey by freshman guard Taylor Thompson (Greenville, SC) put the hosts up by 11, 33-21, with 2:03 left, Weaver answered with a layup in the final minute to send the Anchorwomen into halftime with a nine point, 32-23, advantage.
• RIC outrebounded the Saints, 26-19, over the first 20 minutes.
• The third quarter saw Emmanuel chip away at the RIC advantage. A Weaver jumper at 7:21 pulled EC within six, 36-30, but the Anchorwomen got layups by Young and freshman guard Jamayra Castro (Bellingham, MA) gave the hosts a nine point lead, 41-32, with 5:13 left.
• The Saints went on a 6-0 run, with all the points coming from Ramirez-Tejeda to pull within three, 43-40, with 2:48 left. A Young trey gave RIC a nine point, 49-40, lead as RIC went into the final stanza up by six, 49-43.
• The visitors tied the game, 53-53, on a three-pointer by Fiin to set the stage for a final four minutes of regulation. A layup by RIC put Livramento up by five, 61-56, with 2:03 left. A sophomore guard Sophia Guerrier (Waltham, MA) free throw gave RIC a two-point lead, but EC senior guard Madison McLaughlin (Westerly, RI) converted a layup with 11 seconds left to force overtime.
• With the game tied, 69-69, with 3:14 left in overtime, Emmanuel closed out the game on a 6-2 run, including four points from McLaughlin, to complete the comeback win.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Rhode Island College shot 38 percent (28-for-74) from the field, 22 percent (4-for-18) from three-point range and 65 percent (11-for-17) from the charity stripe.
• Emmanuel shot 43 percent (29-for-68) from the field, 39 percent (5-for-13) from downtown and 86 percent (12-for-14) from the free throw line.
• The Anchorwomen dominated the glass, 50-38.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Johnson & Wales on Tuesday, Dec. 18 (5:30 p.m.).