Warwick, R.I.--Sophomore Megan Mahan (North Andover, MA) carded a career-best 82 and is currently in a tie for second place to lead the Rhode Island College women's golf team to a seventh place finish (408) after round one of the Empire Eight Championship played at the Ballston Spa Country Club on Saturday.
The Anchorwomen shot a team total of 408 for a seventh place finish in the 11-team field. SUNY Cortland is in first place with a 331.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Meghan Rocheleau (Warwick, RI) is currently in 33rd place with a 103.
• Junior Kelsey Hinchcliffe (Pascoag, RI) shot a 103 on the day, which is good for a tie for 36th place.
• Junior Jean Marie Arnold (Wakefield, RI) sits in 41st place after shooting a 118.
• Freshman Natalie Jepson (Shoreham, NY) carded a 122, which was good for a tie for 43rd place.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play the second round of the Empire Eight Championship on Oct. 7 (8:30 a.m.).