Brewster, Mass.--Sophomore Megan Mahan (North Andover, MA) earned All-New England honors after taking second place with a 177 (91, 86) to lead the Rhode Island College women's golf team to a second place finish (three teams) with a score of 794 (403, 391) at the Third Annual New England Intercollegiate Golf Association (NEIGA) Division III Championship played at the Captain's Course on Oct. 21-22.
• The tournament was played on Sunday at the par-72 Port Course that measures 5,800 yards and on Monday at the par-72 Starboard Course that measures 5,833 yards. Suffolk took home the team title with a 716 (363, 353).
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC junior Kelsey Hinchcliffe (Pascoag, RI) shot a 194 (100, 94) and finished in ninth place out of 19 golfers.
• Senior Meghan Rocheleau (Warwick, RI) carded a 206 (103, 103), which was good for a tie for 11th place.
• Junior Jean Marie Arnold (Wakefield, RI) had a 217 (109, 108) for a 16th place finish.
• Freshman Natalie Jepson (Shoreham, NY) rounded out the RIC golfers, shooting a 240 (123, 117) to finish in 19th place at the tournament.
• The Anchorwomen have wrapped up the fall portion of the season and will return to action on the Spring of 2019.