Providence, R.I.—Senior goalkeeper Julia Eaton (Cumberland, RI) stopped 13 shots, while sophomore midfielder Giana Ritchie (Cumberland, RI) scored the Anchorwomen's lone goal, as Rhode Island College fell, 20-1, to Plymouth State in a Little East women's lacrosse game played at Alumni Field on Saturday afternoon.
Plymouth State 20, Rhode Island College 1
Plymouth State (4-3, 2-0 LEC)
Rhode Island College (3-5, 0-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Ritchie and junior midfielder Angie Leonardo (East Providence, RI) each had three draw controls for the hosts.
• PSU senior attack Veronyca Daniels (Concord, NH) led PSU with six goals and two assists for eight points. Senior attack Sam Fiore (Merrimac, MA) had four goals and an assist for five points.
• Senior midfielder Kim Zuccaro (Townsend, MA) finished with two goals and three assists for five points to go along with six ground balls, six draw controls and four caused turnovers.
• Sophomore attack Sarah Elkins (Windsor, CT) finished with two goals and two assists for four points.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Meaghan Allard (Mount Vernon, NH) made three saves in the first half to pick up the win (4-3). Senior goalkeeper Emilee Wargo (Madison, CT) stopped three in a scoreless second half.
• PSU scored six straight over the first 12 minutes of the game, five of which were on free position markers. After Ritchie got the Anchorwomen on the board with 16:43 remaining, the Panthers ripped off six straight to go into halftime up by 11, 12-1.
• Plymouth State dominated the second half and put up eight more, as part of a 14-0 run, to secure the conference win.
• The Panthers led in shots (36-8), ground balls (23-14) and draw controls (16-7). PSU was 8-of-13 in free position attempts.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Elms on Wednesday, April 10 (6:30 p.m.).