Plymouth, N.H--Senior forward Olivia Capraro (North Providence, RI) scored the lone goal for the Rhode Island College women's soccer team in a 3-1 setback at Plymouth State in a Little East Conference contest on Wednesday afternoon.
Plymouth State 3, Rhode Island College 1
Plymouth State (5-2-1, 1-2 LEC)
Rhode Island College (3-6, 1-2 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The two teams battled through a scoreless first half with RIC holding a 5-1 advantage in shots for the stanza.
• RIC got on the board first in the 51st minute when Capraro lofted in a shot from the top of the 18-yard box into the lower left corner of the net for the 1-0 advantage.
• Freshman forward Sarah Hicks (Sutton, MA) tied the game for Plymouth State in the 54th minute when she headed in a corner kick from senior Sabrina Sweeney (Raymond, NH).
• The host Panthers took a 2-1 advantage in the 83rd minute when senior Tabitha Josefik (Manchester, NH) put in a rebounded shot from junior midfielder Amy Luther (Westerly, RI).
• Hicks then gave Plymouth State an insurance goal in the 88th minute to give the Panthers the 3-1 victory.
• RIC junior goalkeeper Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) made one save in the loss.
• Plymouth State freshman goalkeeper Cat Robbins (Franklin, MA) tallied eight stops in the victory.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC led in shots, 13-11.
• Plymouth State held a 7-4 advantage in corner kicks in the contest.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Keene State for a Little East Conference contest on Saturday, Sept. 29 (3 p.m.).