New London, Conn.—Freshman Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) finished first in the hammer, while senior Destinee Barrette (Warwick, RI) registered two top-10 finishes, as the Rhode Island College women's track & field team competed at Connecticut College's Silfen Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
• RIC finished eighth (19 teams) with a team score of 50.0. Stonehill won the invitational with a team score of 189.0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Yang finished first in the hammer (51.84m; program record) and 28th in the shot (9.95m).
• Barrette finished second in the hammer (51.84m) and sixth in the shot (11.72m; program record).
• Junior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished fourth in the 100m (12.63) and sixth in the 200m (26.43).
• Sophomore Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) finished fifth in the 100m (12.65), eighth in the 200m (26.46) and 13th in the triple jump (10.04m).
• Junior Melanie Brunelle (Warwick, RI) finished third in the triple jump (10.56m), 10th in the high jump (1.54m) and 28th in the 100m (18.65).
• Junior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) finished fifth in the hammer (46.00m) and 24th in the shot (10.07m).
• Freshman Melissa Mejia (Providence, RI) finished eighth in the hammer (45.08m).
• Junior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) finished 10th in both the 3,000m steeplechase (11:57.80) and the 400m hurdles (1:12.27).
• Freshman Rachel Meus (Providence, RI) finished ninth in the high jump (1.59m).
• Junior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished 14th in the 400m (1:16.92) and 23rd in the 200m (27.25).
• Sophomore Jamie Dobson (Bradford, RI) finished 10th in the hammer (43.20m) and 17th in the javelin (27.65).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at MIT's Sean Collier Invitational on Saturday, April 21.