Boston, Mass.—Sophomore Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) took fourth in the weight throw (17.02m) as the Rhode Island College women's track & field team competed at the 51st annual NEICAAA Open Championship held at the Reggie Lewis Track & Field Center on Friday.
• This individual meet featured some of the best NCAA Division I, II and III competitors from throughout the Northeast region.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished 29th overall and seventh in her heat of the preliminaries of the 60m (8.14). She also placed 24th overall and third in her heat of the preliminaries of the 200m (26:32).
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) was 11th overall and second in her heat of the 800m (2:19.72).
• Junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) finished 11th overall and third in her heat of the 200m (25.61).
• Senior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) placed 18th overall and third in her heat of the 400m preliminaries (58.93), while freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) was 24th overall and third in her heat (59.30) of the same event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Boston University Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8-9 (10 a.m.).