Boston, Mass.—The Rhode Island College women's indoor track & field team competed at the 2019 Boston University David Hemery Valentine Invitational on Friday and Saturday.
• This individual meet featured some of the best NCAA Div. I, II and III teams from across the country.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Eleni Grammas (Cranston, RI) finished seventh in the 60m (8.06) and was 53rd in the 200m (25.62).
• Junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) took 41st in the 200m (25.44) and was 14th in the long jump (5.38m).
• Freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) notched a 27th place finish in the 60m (8.25) and was 90th in the 200m (26.22).
• Junior Jacklyn Xavier (Cumberland, RI) was 126th in the 200m (26.58) and 141st in the 400m (1:02.00).
• Senior Nicole Grammas (Cranston, RI) placed 70th in the 400m (58.72).
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) was 68th in the 800m (2:16.74), which broke the program record in that event.
• Sophomore Shayna Cousineau (Cranston, RI) was 88th in the 1,000m (3:13.82).
• Junior Chevell Burgess (Providence, RI) took 25th in the 60m hurdles (10.32), 38th in the long jump (4.55m) and 21st in the triple jump (10.78m).
• Freshman Stevanna Bowhile (Worcester, MA) finished 32nd in the triple jump (10.08m).
• Sophomore Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) took sixth in the weight throw (17.45m).
• Junior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) took 19th in the shot (11.22m) and was eighth in the weight throw (16.58m).
• Freshman Georgerinna Farley (Providence, RI) placed 39th in the shot (9.75m) and was 18th in the weight throw (13.75m).
• Junior Jamie Dobson (Bradford, RI) was 24th in the weight throw (12.94m).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the N.E. Alliance Championship, hosted by Plymouth State on Saturday, Feb. 16 (10 a.m.).