Medford, Mass.–Sophomore Chelsea Yang (Warwick, RI) established a new school record with a throw of 19.41m in the weight throw to take first place as the Rhode Island College women's indoor track & field team competed at the 2019 Tufts National Qualifying Meet on Saturday.
• This was an individual meet with no team scoring.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Freshman Trinity Hayes (Providence, RI) posted a sixth place finish in the 400m (59.71).
• Junior Emma Landroche (Warwick, RI) notched a fourth place finish in the 200m (25.86).
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) notched a third place finish in the 800m (2:15.66). She also established a new program record with her effort.
• Senior Oluwafunmibi Yusuff (Providence, RI) finished second in the weight throw (16.77m) and registered a seventh place finish in the shot (11.74m).
• Sophomore Melissa Mejia (Providence, RI) placed 13th in the weight throw (13.93m).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the NCAA Div. III National Championship on March 8-9 at UMass Boston. Individual selections will be announced on Monday, March 3.