Newport, R.I.--Senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) posted 17 kills with nine digs to propel the Rhode Island College women's volleyball team to a 3-1 (25-21, 25-20, 18-25, 25-11) victory against Framingham State at the Salve Regina tri-match on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 3, Framingham State 1
Rhode Island College (5-4)
Framingham State (5-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) recorded 14 kills, two digs and a block, while junior middle hitter Jessica Brielmaier (West Greenwich, RI) was also in double-figures with 11 kills and a pair of blocks for the Anchorwomen.
• RIC junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) posted another double-double with 42 assists and 10 digs in the victory.
• Senior libero Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) registered a match-best 30 digs for RIC.
• Framingham State was led by freshman outside hitter Brandee Thomas (North Kingstown, RI) with 12 kills and two digs, while sophomore Grace Caughey (Mendon, MA) chipped in with eight kills and a team-best 13 digs.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC posted a .188 (51-25-138) hitting percentage in the victory, while Framingham State hit .027 (33-29-148) in the contest.
• RIC had 69 digs and six blocks, while Framingham State recorded 59 digs and two blocks.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play at Anna Maria on Tuesday, Sept. 18 (7 p.m.).