Providence, R.I.--Rhode Island College senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) tallied a double-double with 17 kills and 12 digs as the Anchorwomen dropped a hard-fought, 3-2, decision against Trinity at The Murray Center on Saturday afternoon.
Trinity 3, Rhode Island College 2
Rhode Island College (7-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) contributed 18 kills in the setback.
• Sophomore right side hitter Eden Anthony (Cranston, RI) tallied six kills, two blocks and two digs for the Anchorwomen.
• Junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) finished the match with 44 assists, nine digs and three service aces for RIC. Senior libero Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) picked up 20 digs in the setback.
• Trinity was paced by junior Colette Sheffers (Flossmoor, IL) with 14 kills, five digs and two blocks.
• Freshman middle hitter Ally Conde (Danielson, CT) and senior right side hitter Hanna Engstrom (Hopkinton, MA) each recorded 10 kills in the victory.
• Sophomore setter Jessica Yang (Pacific Palisades, CA) tallied 40 assists, nine digs and two blocks for the Bantams.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC registered a .179 (51-25-145) hitting percentage in the loss, while Trinity hit .197 (56-25-157) in the contest.
• RIC held the 64-57 advantage in digs. Each team registered seven blocks in the match.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East action at UMass Dartmouth on Tuesday, Sept. 25 (6 p.m.).