Worcester, Mass.--Rhode Island College senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) recorded the 1,000th dig of her career as the women's volleyball team split a non-conference tri-match at Clark on Saturday. RIC opened the day with a 3-0 (14-25, 19-25, 12-25) setback against host Clark. The Anchorwomen then rebounded for a 3-2 (22-25, 25-12, 20-25, 25-18, 15-10) win against Bridgewater State to wrap up the day.
Clark 3, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (8-7)
Rhode Island College 3, Bridgewater State 2
Rhode Island College (9-7)
Bridgewater State (2-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. CLARK
• Ward registered a double-double with 14 kills and 11 digs in the setback for RIC.
• Clark was paced by senior right side hitter Ana Patricia Mercado (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico) with 12 kills, three digs and a pair of service aces.
• Senior setter Rachel Webb (Celina, TX) notched 25 assists and four digs for the Cougars.
• Freshman Marimo Oka (Fukuola, Japan) tallied a match-high 18 digs with two assists in the victory.
BY THE NUMBERS VS. CLARK
• RIC posted a -.009 (24-25-106) hitting percentage in the loss, while Clark hit .210 (33-11-105 total attacks) in the contest.
• RIC had 51 digs in the match. Clark recorded 50 digs to go along with six service aces and five blocks.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. BRIDGEWATER STATE
• Ward had another double-double with a match-high 15 kills and 13 digs.
• Freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) posted 14 kills and two digs for the Anchorwomen.
• Jutras notched 31 assists, three digs and three service aces. Brynes recorded a team-best 24 digs.
• Bridgewater State was led by senior outside hitter Grace Stafford (Yarmouth, MA) with 10 kills and 17 digs.
• Senior setter Picabo Miskiv (Barnstable, MA) tallied 26 assists and seven digs for the Bears.
• Senior libero Cassidy Tyros (Chelmsford, MA) had a match-high 25 digs with four service aces in the setback.
• It was the second victory of the season for the Anchorwomen vs. the Bears. RIC shut out BSU, 3-0 on Sept. 8.
BY THE NUMBERS VS. BRIDGEWATER STATE
• RIC posted a .146 (39-19-137) hitting percentage in the victory, while Bridgewater State hit .063 (46-36-159).
• Each team registered 64 digs and both teams also had 11 service aces in the contest.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East play vs. Eastern Connecticut at The Murray Center on Tuesday, Oct. 2 (6 p.m.).