Providence, R.I.–Sophomore outside hitter Jenaeya Evans (Marietta, GA) posted a double-double with 13 kills and 22 digs to lead the Rhode Island College volleyball team to a thrilling, 3-2, victory against Keene State in a Little East Conference contest played at the Murray Center on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 3, Keene State 2
Keene State (20-9, 5-3 LEC)
Rhode Island College (14-11, 5-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Ward recorded 12 kills and nine digs, despite only playing in two sets, for the Anchorwomen.
• RIC sophomore middle hitter Emilia Vaziri (Cranston, RI) notched 12 kills, two digs and two blocks, while junior middle hitter Jessica Brielmaier (West Greenwich, RI) contributed 12 kills and a team-best five blocks.
• Brynes tallied 57 digs and junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) registered a double-double with 57 assists and 14 digs for the Anchorwomen.
• Sophomore outside hitter Megan Palmer (East Islip, NY) paced Keene State with 13 kills and 21 digs, while junior right side hitter Kelly Hunt (Milford, CT) notched 10 kills and five blocks for the Owls.
• Sophomore setter Bailey Wilson (Moorpark, CA) posted a double-double with 34 assists and 21 digs in the setback.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC posted a .105 (66-40-248) hitting percentage in the victory, while Keene State hit .114 (48-23-219) in the setback.
• RIC registered 129 digs, six blocks and 11 service aces, while Keene State notched 118 digs to go along with 10 blocks and six service aces.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play in the opening round of the 2018 Little East Championship on Tuesday, Oct. 30 (TBA). A site and opponent will be determined after the completion of today's conference matches.