Westfield, Mass.--Rhode Island College sophomore Shayna Cousineau (Cranston, RI) recorded a 17th place finish (19:21.72) to lead the Anchorwomen to an eighth place (29 teams) finish at the 23rd Annual James Earley Invitational, hosted by Westfield State at Stanley Park on Saturday.
• RIC finished in eighth place with 268.0 points, while Smith finished in first place with 92.0 points on the day.
• There was a total of 29 teams and 214 runners competing at the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) finished in 25th place (19:41.97).
• Senior Laura Paiva (Coventry, RI) registered a 113th place finish (21:41.21).
• Sophomore Bryana Mullin (Warwick, RI) placed 134th (22:26.14).
• Freshman Paula Slinko (Coventry, RI) rounded out the runners for the Anchorwomen, taking 201st (29:02.59).
BY THE NUMBERS
• The Anchorwomen recorded an average time of (20:26.15) over the 5K course.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Western New England Invitational on Saturday, Oct. 13 (11:15 a.m.).