Smithfield, R.I.—Rhode Island College senior Margaret McCaffrey (East Greenwich, RI) and sophomore Shayna Cousineau (Cranston, RI) earned All-Little East honors as the Rhode Island College women's cross country team finished third (nine teams) at the 2018 Little East Championship held at Bryant University on Saturday afternoon.
• Rhode Island College finished third with a score of 86.0 among the eight-team field. Keene State finished first and won the championship with a team score of 55.0. Eastern Connecticut finished second with a team score of 62.0.
HOW IT HAPPENEND
• McCaffrey earned All-Little East honors for the second consecutive year with a second place finish (19:57.8).
• Cousineau earned All-Little East honors for the second straight year with a third place finish (20:06.7).
• Senior Rebecca Meinertz (Smithfield, RI) placed 18th (21:19.7).
BY THE NUMBERS
• There were 77 runners in the race, which covered five kilometers (3.11 miles). The top 10 runners in the field earned All-Little East distinction.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete in the NCAA N.E. Div. III Regional Championship, hosted by Bowdoin on Saturday, Nov. 10.