Collegeville, Pa.-Rhode Island College recorded its highest team score of the season and junior Miranda Murphy (Lansdale, PA) broke the program record on beam as the Anchorwomen fell, 187.300-181.150, at Ursinus in National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) action on Saturday afternoon.
Ursinus (1-2) 187.300, Rhode Island College (0-8) 181.150
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Murphy placed third overall on beam with a score of 9.600, besting senior Ali Otis'(Windham, NH) effort of 9.575 set on Feb. 17. She also established a new career-high in the all-around, placing first with a score of 37.225, which is the third-highest point total in program history for a meet. Murphy was eighth on vault (9.125), fourth on bars (9.100) and sixth on floor (9.400).
• Freshman Christa Vaccaro (Winthrop, MA) led RIC on vault, placing fifth (9.325). She was also sixth on bars (8.800) and 12th on floor (8.500).
• Freshman Kaela Skerl (Albuquerque, NM) finished third in the all-around with a career-high score of 36.000. She finished 10th on vault (8.875), fifth on bars (8.900), ninth on beam (9.100) and ninth on floor (9.125).
• Sophomore Grace Davis (Royersford, PA) finished fifth on beam (9.525) and seventh on floor (9.325)
• Senior Erin Shea (Braintree, MA) led RIC on floor, finishing tied for fourth (9.425). She also placed seventh on vault (9.200).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host the 2018 NCGA East Regional Championship on Saturday, March 10 (1 p.m.).