South Hadley, Mass.--Senior Austin Cilley (Westerly, RI) finished in a tie for third place with a 147 (72, 75) to help lead the Rhode Island College men's golf team to a tie for second place with a score of 612 (302, 310) at the 2017 Elms Blazers Invitational held at the Orchards Golf Course on Monday, Oct. 9.
Rhode Island College (Team Score: 612; 302, 310) finished in a tie for second place (16 teams) with Western New England, while Babson (Team Score: 598; 294, 304) took home the team title.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Mike Caparco (Johnston, RI) finished tied for 10th with a 152 (76, 76).
• Sophomore Nathan Patterson (Conway, MA) notched a tie for 15th place with a 154 (74, 80).
• Sophomore Connor Fillmore (Killingly, CT) finished tied for 33rd with a 159 (80, 79).
• Freshman Connor Liebscher (Danielson, CT) finished in a tie for 56th place with a 166 (84, 82).
BY THE NUMBERS
• The par-72 Orchards Golf Course measures 6,575 yards and the tournament featured 16 teams with 80 golfers.
Rhode Island College will host the 2017 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Championship at Valley Country Club in Warwick, R.I. on Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 14-15 (10 a.m.).