Brewster, Mass.--Senior Austin Cilley (Westerly, RI) finished in second place with a 143 (75, 68) and earned All-New England honors to lead the Rhode Island College men's golf team to a second place finish with a score of 597 (303, 294) at the 2017 New England Intercollegiate Golf Association (NEIGA) Div. III Championship played at the Captains Course (Starboard) on Monday afternoon.
Rhode Island College (Team Score: 597 (303, 294) finished in second place (19 teams), while Husson (Team Score: 586 (298, 288) took home the team title.
• Cilley's score of 68 (-4) this afternoon is a new program record for a single round.
• His total score of 143 (-1) is also a new program record for two rounds.
• The team score of 294 (+6) is a new RIC record for a single round, while the two-round total of 597 (+21) ties a program record.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Josh Macera (Cranston, RI) finished in a tie for 30th place with a 156 (79, 77).
• Freshman Niko Kacavas was tied for 92nd with a 189 (93, 96) to round out the golfers for RIC.
BY THE NUMBERS
• The par-72 Captains Course (Starboard) measures 6,687 yards and the tournament featured 19 teams with 93 golfers.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College has completed the fall portion of its schedule and will return to action in the spring.