South Hadley, Mass.--Senior Mike Caparco (Johnston, RI) shot a 150 (71, 79) and finished in a tie for fifth place to lead the Rhode Island College men's golf team to a ninth place finish with a two round total of 676 (330, 346) at the Elms Blazers Invitational played at The Ledges Golf Club on Saturday and Sunday.
• The Anchormen carded a 676 (330, 346), which was good for an ninth place finish (17 teams), while Husson won the team title with a 608 (299, 309).
• The par-72 Ledges Golf Club measures 6,507 yards.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC junior Tyler Boisclair (West Warwick, RI) shot a 165 (81, 84), which was good for a tie for 29th place.
• Senior Valmore Dumont (Riverside, RI) carded a 179 (89, 90) on the weekend for the Anchormen to finish in 66th place.
• There are a total of 87 golfers at the event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the 2018 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Championship at the Blackstone Country Club on Oct. 13-14 (10 a.m.).