Keene, N.H.--Sophomore midfielder Brandon Ramos (Boston, MA) scored the Anchormen's lone goal as Rhode Island College lost at Keene State, 3-1, in Little East Conference men's soccer action on Saturday afternoon.
Keene State 3, Rhode Island College 1
Keene State College (5-1, 1-0 LEC)
Rhode Island College (3-3-1, 0-1 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The first half started off slow as neither team was able to get going on offense. It wasn't until the 34th minute when Keene State junior midfielder Emmanuel Smith (Concord, NH) fired off a shot that beat RIC junior goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) to put the Owls up, 1-0.
• RIC did not let the host's lead last long as Ramos launched a shot in the 45th minute that beat KSC sophomore goalkeeper Anthony Pasciuto (Abington, MA) to send the game into halftime deadlocked 1-1.
• Keene State retook the lead early in the second half when freshman forward James McCully (Eastham, MA) scored off a pass by junior midfielder Connor Downey (West Islip, NY) in the 51st minute.
• KSC scored an important insurance goal when junior midfielder LJ Luster (Colchester, CT) took a pass from sophomore midfielder Benny Tamzarian (Manchester, NH) and tallied in the 62nd minute.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Tashjian made five saves in the loss (2-3-1).
• Pasciuto did not make a save in the win (3-1).
• KSC led in shots, 14-2, and held the advantage in corner kicks, 5-0.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play at intra-city rival Johnson & Wales on Wednesday, Sept. 25 (7 p.m.).