Dartmouth, Mass.--Junior goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) made six saves as the Rhode Island College men's soccer team battled UMass Dartmouth to a 0-0 double overtime draw at Cressy Field on Wednesday night.
Rhode Island College 0, UMass Dartmouth 0 2OT
Rhode Island College (7-4-2, 5-1-1 LEC)
UMass Dartmouth (7-4, 2-2-1 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Both teams were even at the half as neither side was able to get on the scoreboard. RIC held the advantage in shots, 8-3 and corner kicks, 5-2.
• UMD ended the first half with 11 fouls to RIC's 6, which included a yellow card on freshman defender Nilin Nehra (Fall River, MA) in the 37th minute.
• The second half was a battle as neither team was able to take control of the match. RIC senior midfielder Kevin Tay Munoz (Providence, RI) received a yellow card after a hard foul in the 68th minute.
• Tashjian came up with a huge save in the 74th minute to keep the game scoreless.
• The Anchormen defense came up big late in the second overtime period as they snuffed out two corner kicks with under two minutes left in the contest.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Tashjian made four saves in the tie (6-4-2).
• UMD sophomore goalkeeper Jake Casto (Swansea, MA) made six saves in the tie (6-1-1).
• RIC held the advantage in both shots, 13-9 and corner kicks, 9-6.
• RIC freshman midfielder Dominic Nnadi (Suleja, Nigeria) led the team with two shots on goal.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue Little East action at UMass Boston on Sunday, Oct. 20 (1 p.m.).