Providence, R.I.--The Rhode Island College men's tennis team improved to 7-1 on the season with a 9-0 shutout over Lesley in a match played at the RIC Tennis Center on Monday afternoon. It is RIC's third consecutive, 9-0, win.
Rhode Island College 9, Lesley 0
(Rhode Island College 7-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Brett Taggart (North Kingstown, RI) and freshman Alex Bourque (North Smithfield, RI) paired up for an 8-1 win at No. 1 doubles over Lesley sophomores Evan Flaherty (Scituate, MA) and Gerry Chica (Wallingford, CT).
• Freshmen Cam Chadwick (Narragansett, RI) and Mike Dickie (Smithfield, RI) recorded an 8-1 win over the Lynx tandem of freshman Willian Sgro (North Haven, CT) and sophomore Patrick Corcoran (West Hartford, CT).
• The Anchormen finished the sweep of doubles action with junior Matthew Gambardella (West Warwick, RI) and freshman Ethan Hoy (West Warwick, RI) downing freshman Colin Holter (Warren, VT) and sophomore Peter Weiss (Longmeadow, MA), 8-1, at the No. 3 spot.
• Chadwick won (6-0, 6-1) at No. 1 singles vs. Chica, while Taggart downed Sgro (6-2, 6-3) at No. 2 singles.
• Bourque blanked Flaherty (6-0, 6-0) and Gambardella shut out Corcoran (6-0, 6-0) at No. 3 and 4 singles, respectively.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East action at home vs. Western Connecticut on Friday, April 13 (3:30 p.m.).