Worcester, Mass.—Senior Brett Taggart (North Kingstown, RI) and freshman Alex Bourque (North Smithfield, RI) each picked up a pair of victories to lead the Rhode Island College men's tennis team to a commanding, 9-0, victory at Becker on Saturday afternoon. It was the sixth shutout win of the season for RIC.
Rhode Island College 9, Becker 0
Rhode Island College (10-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Taggart and Bourque teamed to post a perfect (8-0) win at No. 1 doubles over the Becker team of Thomas Lanphear and Leemar Baptista.
• The Anchormen completed the sweep of doubles action when junior Alan Esposito (Clinton, CT) and junior Chandler Scott (Ashaway, RI) posted an 8-0 win at No. 3 doubles against Alex Kielczewski and John Tomkowiak.
• Taggart posted his second win of the day with a (6-0, 6-1) decision over Seol at the No. 2 singles spot, while Bourque defeated Baptista, (6-0, 6-1) at No. 3 singles for his second win of the day.
• RIC freshman Cam Chadwick (Narragansett, RI) registered a (6-0, 6-0) win at No. 1 singles against Lanphear and sophomore Jonny Glendinning (Exeter, RI) posted a (6-0, 6-2) victory for the Anchormen at No. 6 singles against Tomkowiak.
• Hoy notched a (6-0, 6-1) win over Kielczewski at No. 5 singles with Gambardella taking a (6-0, 6-0) win at No. 4 singles over Smith to wrap up the sweep for the Anchormen.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Johnson & Wales on Tuesday, April 24 (3:30 p.m.).