Springfield, Mass.-Senior Vincent Santos (Narragansett, RI) recorded a third place finish in the 60m hurdles (8.79) and finished 16th in the 200m (23.95) as the Rhode Island College men's indoor track & field team competed at the Springfield College Maroon & White Classic on Saturday.
• There was no team scoring at the event that featured the top NCAA Div. III Track & Field programs in New England.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC freshman Anthony Shepard (Wakefield, RI) took home first place in the long jump (6.74m) and also finished third in the high jump (1.84m).
• Sophomore Levon Campbell (Newport, RI) registered a seventh place finish in the 60m (7.21) and finished eighth in the 200m (23.32) for the Anchormen.
• Sophomore Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) placed third in the 400m (52.72) and had the anchor leg of the fourth place 4x400m relay team (3.38.66)
• RIC senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) notched a third place finish in the weight throw (16.12m).
• Sophomore Joe Palazzo (Providence, RI) finished 13th in the weight throw (12.58m).
• Senior Matthew Charles (North Providence, RI) recorded a 12th place finish in the 200m (23.47) and had the lead leg of the fourth place 4x400m relay team (3.38.66)
• Junior Destin Bibemi (Providence, RI) posted a fifth place finish in the 600m (1:29.88).
• Freshman Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) finished sixth in the 800m (2:08.79) had the third leg of the fourth place 4x400m relay (3:38.66).
• Freshman Andre Solomon-Messier (North Providence, RI) notched a fifth place finish in the 3,000m (10:23.22) for the Anchormen.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the Boston University Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 27.