MEN'S TRACK & FIELD SEES ACTION AT BU'S JOHN THOMAS TERRIER CLASSIC
Boston, Mass.-Senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) notched an eighth place finish in the weight throw (15.85m) as the Rhode Island College men's indoor track & field team competed at the Boston University John Thomas Terrier Classic on Saturday.
• There was no team scoring at the event that featured some of the top NCAA Div. I, II and III Track & Field programs in New England.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Senior Matthew Charles (North Providence, RI) recorded a 44th place finish in the preliminaries of the 60m (7.38) and finished in 73rd place in the preliminaries of the 200m (23.07).
• Sophomore Levon Campbell (Newport, RI) notched a 55th place finish in the 60m (7.57).
• Junior Destin Bibemi (Providence, RI) placed 42nd on the 400m (50.40) for the Anchormen.
• Senior Vincent Santos (Narragansett, RI) finished in 24th place in the 60m hurdles (9.03) and recorded an 84th-place effort in the 400m (52.59).
• Sophomore Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) took home 22nd in the triple jump (12.55m) and finished 77th in the 800m (1:58.70).
• Freshman Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) finished 37th in the 1,000m (2:47.26).
• Junior Newell Roberts (Providence, RI) finished in 16th place in the pole vault (3.90m).
• RIC freshman Anthony Shepard (Wakefield, RI) took home 10th place in the long jump (6.74m).
• Sophomore Joe Palazzo (Providence, RI) finished 20th in the weight throw (12.73m). Junior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) finished in 30th place in the weight throw (10.24m), while junior Chris Bennett (Greenville, RI) took home 31st place in the weight throw (10.07m) for the Anchormen.
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston for the New England Open Championship on Saturday, Feb. 3 (10 a.m.).