Providence, R.I.--Junior Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) helped lead the Rhode Island College men's track and field team at the 2018 RIC Invitational, held at the Providence Career & Technical Academy (PCTA) on Saturday.
• There was no team scoring for the event, RIC's only home event of the 2018-19 season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wagnac finished first in the 200m (23.65) and was second in the 600m (1:25.14).
• Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) finished second place in both the weight throw (17.58m) and the shot (13.01m).
• Freshman Edward Garofalo (Newport, RI) placed third in the triple jump (12.73m), sixth in the long jump (6.13m) was 16th in the 400m (56.55).
• Sophomore Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) placed eighth in the mile (4:45.27).
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (Lincoln, RI) finished fourth in the weight throw (14.96m), while junior Joseph Palazzo (North Providence, RI) was seventh (12.94m) and senior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) was 11th (11.09m) in the same event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Bowdoin on Saturday, Jan. 12 (12:30 p.m.).