Cambridge, Mass.--Junior Jephte Wagnac (Providence, RI) won the 400m hurdles (55.58) as the Rhode Island College men's track & field team competed at the 2019 Sean Collier Invitational, hosted by MIT at The Morrison Track on Saturday.
• The Sean Collier Invitational was an individual meet with no team scoring.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore Michael Rossi (Cumberland, RI) placed 11th in the 100m (11.72) and was 17th in the 200m (24.46).
• Sophomore Cam Menefee (Bridgeport, CT) notched an 11th place finish in the 400m (52.78).
• Freshman Axel-demaude Bandoma (North Providence, RI) posted a ninth place finish in the long jump (5.55m) and a 15th place finish in the 400m (53.79).
• Sophomore Dylan Brobisky (West Warwick, RI) was 31st in the 800m (2:23.09).
• Sophomore Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) recorded a ninth place finish in the 1,500m (4:16.23) and was 17th in the javelin (30.10m).
• Sophomore Alejandro Alonzo (Pawtucket, RI) took 10th in the 400m hurdles (1:03.78).
• The Anchormen's 4x400m relay team notched a second place finish (3:33.56), while the 4x100m relay team registered a fourth place finish (45.10).
• Senior Shamar Spruill (Providence, RI) recorded a second place finish in the discus (47.19m).
• Freshman Matthew Thibaudeau (LIncoln, RI) posted a 27th place finish in the discus (28.24m).
• Freshman Eduardo Marquez (Danbury, CT) notched a 15th place finish in the javelin (33.25m) and was 30th in the discus (26.52m).
• Senior Jake Brierly (Lincoln, RI) finished fifth in the hammer (49.21m).
• Junior Joseph Palazzo (North Providence, RI) recorded a 10th place finish in the hammer (43.84).
• Senior Adam Stomberg (West Greenwich, RI) was 17th in the hammer (37.47m) and 14th in the javelin (34.57m).
• In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at the 2019 N.E. Alliance/Little East Championship, hosted by Fitchburg State on Saturday April 27.