Dartmouth, Mass.--The Rhode Island College men's cross country team opened the 2018 season with a 33rd place (41 teams) finish at the UMass Dartmouth Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
• The Anchormen finished with 943.0 points, while Southern New Hampshire took home the team title with 74.0 points on the afternoon.
• There was a total of 41 teams and 295 runners competing at the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC was led by sophomore Raffaelo Manzo (Slatersville, RI) who placed 122nd (28:00.56).
• Junior Kody Sankey (Cumberland, RI) notched a 181st place finish (29:32.65), while senior Jeff Garson (Cumberland, RI) finished 199th (30:25.82).
BY THE NUMBERS
• The Anchormen averaged 30:57.17 per runner over the 8K course that ran through the UMass Dartmouth campus.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will compete at Gordon's Pop Crowell Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 22 (10:45 a.m.).