Brewster, Mass.--Rhode Island college freshman Megan Mahan (North Andover, MA)and sophomore Nicole Langella (Pembroke, MA) each earned All-New England honorsto lead the Rhode Island College women's golf team to a third place finish (five teams) with a score of 781 (398, 383) at the 2017 New England Intercollegiate Golf Association (NEIGA) Div. III Championship, held at the Captains Course (Port) on Monday afternoon.
Rhode Island College (Team Score: 781 (398, 383) finished in third place (five teams), while Suffolk took home the team title (Team Score: 739 (367, 372).
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Mahan recorded a second place finish and earned All-New England honors with a score of 180 (92, 88)
• Langella finished in a tie for fourth place to earn All-New England honors with a 182 (92, 90).
• Sophomore Jean Marie Arnold (Westerly, RI) recorded a 16th place finish with a 206 (102, 104).
• Sophomore Kelsey Hinchliffe (Pascoag, RI) finished in 17th place for the Anchorwomen with a 213 (112, 101).
• Junior Meghan Rocheleau (Warwick, RI) rounded out the RIC golfers and finished the tournament with a 237 (125, 112), which was good for 18th place.
BY THE NUMBERS
• There were five teams and 24 golfers competing at the event.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will next see action in March, 2018.