Franklin, Mass.--Senior forward Brittany DeGrooth (Westerly, RI) had two goals and two assists, while classmate forward Olivia Capraro (North Providence, RI) also scored a pair, as the Rhode Island College women's soccer team rolled past Dean, 5-0, on Wednesday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 5, Dean 0
Rhode Island College (5-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore forward Soleil Galagarza (Pawtucket, RI) scored what would prove to be the game-winning goal in the sixth minute with an unassisted marker.
• DeGrooth scored in the 33rd minute to send the Anchorwomen into halftime with a 2-0 lead. RIC held a 25-0 advantage in shots and a 12-0 mark in corner kicks over the first 45 minutes.
• DeGrooth was set up by junior midfielder Breanne Ford (Schenectady, NY) in the 51st minute to make it a 3-0 contest. She then set up Capraro in the 67th and 73rd minutes, respectively, as RIC cruised to the win.
• Junior goalkeeper Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) did not have to make a save to earn her third (3-5) win of the year. Sophomore netminder Carissa Gaglione (West Warwick, RI) played the final 17 minutes of the game without having to make a stop.
• Dean freshman goalkeeper Jennifer Jacovino (Monroe, CT) made 25 saves in a losing effort.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC dominated in both shots (58-1) and corner kicks (17-1) in the win.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East action at home vs. Western Connecticut on Saturday, Oct. 6 (1 p.m.).