Franklin, Mass.--Rhode Island College freshman forward Lily Loparto (Lincoln, RI) scored her first collegiate goal as part of a hat trick effort and picked up eight points as the Anchorwomen defeated Dean College, 5-1, at the Dean Bulldog Bash on Saturday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 5, Dean 1
Rhode Island College (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC broke a scoreless deadlock in the 36th minute when junior forward Soleil Galagarza (Pawtucket, RI) set up Loparto for her first collegiate goal.
• The Anchorwomen led, 1-0, at halftime. The visitors pummeled the host in shots, holding a 14-1 advantage after 45 minutes. RIC had one corner kick opportunity in the first stanza.
• Loparto scored just 2:31 into the second half, converting a pass from sophomore defender Madeline McNally (Warren, RI). It was McNally's first career point.
• The hosts pulled within one goal just 14 seconds after Loparto's marker as sophomore forward Miranda Seacord (Cambridge, MA) found the back of the net. Junior midfielder MacKenzie Parisee (East Freetown, MA) was credited with the assist.
• Loparto set up freshman midfielder Alexandra Amore's (Saunderstown, RI) first career goal with an assist in the 72nd minute.
• Loparto then completed the hat trick by notching her third goal in the 78th minute. Senior midfielder Kat Cirrillo (Central Falls, RI) had the assist.
• Freshman midfielder Abigail Proulx (Smithfield, RI) scored her first collegiate goal with 55 seconds left on a pass from Loparto.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC senior goalkeeper Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) earned the win (1-1) with one save in 45 minutes of action. Junior goalkeeper Carissa Gaglione (West Warwick, RI) made two saves in the second half.
• Dean senior goalkeeper Macy Parisee (East Freetown, MA) made 10 saves in a losing effort (0-2).
• Loparto figured in each of RIC five goals.
• RIC dominated in shots, 27-5, and led in corner kicks, 2-1.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Salve Regina on Saturday, Sept. 7 (noon).