Middletown, Conn.--Rhode Island College fell at Wesleyan, 10-0, in collegiate women's soccer action on Tuesday night.
Wesleyan 10, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (2-2)
Wesleyan University (1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wesleyan scored early off a crossing pass into the box just 50 seconds into the game when freshman forward Audrey Lavey (Newton, MA) found classmate midfielder Grace Devanny (Concord, NH) who redirected the ball into the net for what proved to be the game-winning goal.
• The hosts led at the half, 8-0.
• Freshman forward Kate Hausladen (Oak Ridge, TN) led the Cardinals with two goals and two assists for six points.
• The Anchorwomen had their best opportunity of the night when sophomore midfielder Audra Garcia (New Bedford, MA) had her shot saved in the 72nd minute.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Wesleyan outshot RIC, 28-4, and also held a 6-0 advantage in corner kicks.
• RIC senior goalkeeper Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) made seven saves in a losing effort (2-2).
• Wesleyan sophomore goalkeeper Sara Hammond (Canton, MI) made one save in the win (1-1).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play at WPI on Saturday, Sept. 14 (6:30 p.m.).