Castleton, Vt.--Sophomore Grace Zangari (Saunderstown, RI) picked up a pair of wins to help lead the Rhode Island College women's tennis team to an, 8-1, win at Castleton in a Little East Conference Saturday afternoon. The Anchorwomen remain undefeated on the season with six wins to open the 2018 campaign. The regular season winning streak for the Anchorwomen now stands at 28 straight contests, dating back to October 6, 2016.
Rhode Island College 8, Castleton 1
RIC (6-0, 3-0 LEC)
Castleton (2-4, 0-3 LEC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Zangari and sophomore Hailey Raskob (North Smithfield, RI) posted an 8-0 win at No. 2 doubles against the Castleton team of freshmen Becca Corsette (Walden, NY) and Grace Sharkey (Purling, NY).
• The Anchorwomen also had a win at the No. 3 doubles spot where sophomores Victoria Vittori (New Bedford, MA) and Serena Bobola (Cranston, RI) posted an 8-0 win over the Spartans team of freshman Megan Hunt (Albany, NY) and junior Alexis Curley (Greenwich, NY).
• Castleton took its lone point of the contest at No. 1 doubles where junior Megan Nadler (Rutland, VT) and senior Kristen Kruk (Clifton Park, NY) posted an 8-5 win over RIC senior Katherine Braganca (Pawtucket, RI) and sophomore Laurel Ten Eyck (Warwick, RI).
• Zangari registered her second win of the day with a (6-3, 6-2) victory over Nadler at No. 1 singles.
• Vittori picked up her second win of the day for the Anchorwomen at No. 2 singles with a (7-6 (7-3), 6-3) victory over Kruk.
• Bobola joined the list of RIC players with two wins on the day as she posted a (6-1, 6-0) victory at No. 3 singles against Miller.
• Raskob rounded out the players of RIC with two wins as she recorded a (6-0, 6-1) triumph at No. 5 singles against Hunt
• Braganca picked up a (6-0, 6-1) win over Corsette at No. 4 singles, while Ten Eyck finished the sweep in singles action for the Anchorwomen with a (6-0, 6-0) win over Curley at No. 6.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will continue Little East action at home against UMass Boston on Tuesday, Sept. 25 (3:30 p.m.).