Providence, R.I.--Senior Katherine Braganca's (Pawtucket, RI) straight set (6-1, 6-1) win at No. 4 singles clinched a 9-0 victory for the Rhode Island College women's tennis team vs. Clark at the RIC Tennis Center on Thursday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 9, Clark 0
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomore Emily Orticerio (Smithfield, RI) and Serena Bobola (Cranston, RI) opened the match with an 8-2 win at No. 3 doubles over CU juniors Chloe Dunnell (Montclair, NJ) and Kathryn Benson (Hudson, MA).
• Sophomore Grace Zangari (Saunderstown, RI) and classmate Hailey Raskob (North Smithfield, RI) bested the Cougar duo of senior Maggie Tarbox (Lebanon, CT) and sophomore Elizabeth Tschantouridze (Northfield, VT), 8-3, at No. 2 doubles.
• Braganca and sophomore Laurel Ten Eyck (Warwick, RI) bested the Clark tandem of junior Anna Gates (North Scituate, RI) and sophomore Elizabeth Garfield (Cape Elizabeth, Maine), 8-6, at No. 1 doubles.
• Ten Eyck defeated sophomore Zahara Shidad (Lewiston, ME) (6-0, 6-2) at No. 6 singles and Braganca secured the win with a victory over Benson.
• Raskob defeated Dunnell (6-1, 6-1) at No. 5 singles and sophomore Victoria Vittori (New Bedford, MA) bested Garfield (6-2, 7-5) at No. 2 singles.
• Bobola picked up a (6-4, 6-1) win over Tchantouridze at No. 3 singles and Zangari closed out the win with a (6-4, 6-1) victory at No. 1 singles.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will resume Little East play at Bridgewater State on Saturday, Sept. 29 (Noon).